Webster Township Historical Society or WTHS, as we are known locally, maintains the history of the township. We began with 3+ acres of land and one building, the Wheeler Wheelwright and Blacksmith Shop, which was dismantled from a local farm and reconstructed here at Historic Webster Village. It was later joined by Podunk School, a one-room school which was also moved to our grounds. Next the Old Town Hall where all of the business of the township took place from 1871 to 1997 was moved to our grounds. Another small piece of property with an open stable built in the 1940s was acquired next. In 2005, a replica general store was built in memory of Paul and Liz Kleinschmidt who had contributed so much to the community. In 2016, Dieterle’s Corncrib was built in memory of Richard Dieterle, lead singer of the “RFD Boys.” To complete our village, Crossroads Community Center, built in 1867 as an apple storage/cider barn, was purchased from Webster United Church of Christ in 2010.
WTHS is a not-for-profit membership society governed by four officers and a seven-person Board of Directors according to established By-Laws. We are charged with maintaining these buildings and grounds for the enjoyment of the community. In addition to our annual fund-raiser, the Webster Fall Festival, held the fourth Saturday in September, we also host various other events and offer our buildings and grounds for rent. We hope you will visit us!