The Webster Township Historical Society (WTHS) is a small local nonprofit organization operating in Webster Township for over 50 years by relying on the strength and commitment of our volunteers and an operational Board of Directors. WTHS is looking for a responsible, highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks supporting the activities of the organization.
This position is an Employee working an average of 20 hours per week. The position reports to the Board of Directors President and works in partnership with volunteers and stakeholders, as well as directly with community members of diverse backgrounds. This work supports WTHS’s objective of increasing awareness, visibility, and community engagement with WTHS. This position plays an integral role in coordinating activities, maintaining good stakeholder relations, and supporting the Board of Director President.
- Organize and schedule appointments and manage the WTHS calendar
- Take detailed meeting minutes as needed
- Act as the point of contact for clients such as renters, vendors and contractors
- Track and tabulate grant requirements and attendance data
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Prepare and distribute monthly newsletter, communications such as memos, email “blasts”, reports and other correspondence
Qualifications & Experience:
- Essential requirements include excellent oral and written communication skills, and organizational skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint), Google Applications, data management and virtual conferencing
- Possess experience deploying technology and social media to enhance program marketing, implementation and customer experience
- Enjoy a flexible schedule, including evenings/weekends, working from home and on-site with expectations of meeting face-to-face with Webster Township stakeholders as needed
- Hold a High School degree; additional experience as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
Hours and Compensation:
- Hours per week are flexible, but expected to average 20 hours per week
- This position will start at $17 per hour, paid bi-weekly
- An offer of employment is contingent on satisfactory results of a criminal history background check
If this position interests you, please complete an application and email it with your resumé to WTHSMI@gmail.com.